County Committee in the news
- "How a Political Machine Works: Candidates Running for 21 Seats, All Unaware," The New York Times article on Queens County Committee, August 2018
- "Democrats Turned Up in Record Numbers. But One Man Held All the Power," The New York Times article on the September 2018 Brooklyn County Committee meeting
- "Bklyn Dems leaders reluctantly promise more time for debate after protests erupt at meeting," Brooklyn Paper article on the February 2019 Brooklyn County Committee meeting
- "Judge Rules Brooklyn Democratic Party's Failure To Hold Virtual Meetings Is A "Ruse" For Party Bosses To Stay In Power," Gothamist from October 2020 article on the lawsuit against blocking the meeting
- "Judge blocks Brooklyn Democrats’ illegal power play," NY Post article from December 2020 article on the continuing litigation around the December meeting moves
- "Progressives Secure Party Reforms at Lengthy BK Dems Meeting," Brooklyn paper article on the December 2020 Brooklyn County Committee meeting
Explainers about County Committee and its function
- A quick explainer to understand the structure of County Committee: Check out our visual guide here
- An overview of how judges are elected in Brooklyn from New Kings Democrats: A Fair Shot: The County Party and Judicial Elections in Brooklyn
- FAQs about #RepYourBlock
Running for County Committee
- FAQs about who can run and what it entails
- Upcoming events to learn more about #RepYourBlock and how to run
I'm on County Committee. Now what?
- FAQs on serving on County Committee
- Learn about Assembly District Committees (coming soon!)
Have another question?
- Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org!